Sunday, September 16, 2012

pet art.

Don't look at the book titles.  I'm such a nerd.  

My house needed another home made holly hobby junked up piece of crap I made while Owen was awake so it stinks piece of art.  Thanks to the crafting saints for the two for one canvas deal at Hobby Lobby so I could complete this project.  I found a tutorial here on Pinterest.  Her dog looked like Molly.    So I decided to copy her.  Kind of like when Katy Heron cut holes where the boobs were in Regina George's shirt during gym to embarrass her, but everyone copied her anyway.  Or it wasn't like that at all.  Your call.

Here is how I did it.



 1.  First you must take a picture of your pet.  This will not be easy.  You will want to punch your pet in their pet face.  You will cajole, bribe, and then yell at the dog which then causes the baby to wake up.
Okay.  Next step.


2.  Get your baby to print out the picture you took then uploaded to the computer.


3.  Cut out the picture of your (because you are not patient) three legged animal.  Do not look straight into her eyes unless you want to turn into stone.


4.  Here is where my laziness got the best of me.  The tutorial calls for contact paper and adhesive paper.  My lazy self said "No.  No I am not doing that."  So I coated it with Mod Podge on both sides.  While the back was still tacky I set it down on the canvas.  DON'T follow my example.  It didn't work great.  The next time I would give it two coats of mod podge on each side before I painted over it.


Twinky was the creature I painted over first.  You can see where I messed up on her tail and front paw.  I can't decide if I'm going to paint the canvas white where she is or not.  You can't really tell from far away.  And that's why I shouldn't be allowed to craft.  Cost of entire project?  $6.99 (With canvas sale)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized that both of your pets only have three legs - very funny. BTW-Twinkie looks like she's channeling satan. Just sayin.
Mom

tara said...

I laughed out load during the commentary of this project...

tara said...

loud- not load. I am not sure what laughing out load would look like. doesn't sound pretty.