Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

This will be the second Valentine's Day in a row that Nick has been gone.  Not a huge deal, he's never missed a Christmas.
Nick and I went on our first date ten years ago on the day after Valentine's Day.
Nick and I have been going on dates for a decade.  That's a long time.  I do hate having feelings, but I have to admit I do miss that man.  Especially when we are in a new place.  It seems to me that many people take advantage of the feeling of being loved.  Having someone, physically present, that loves you. That you can mouth off too, or complain to, or enjoy a movie with and be very comfortable.  I've been missing that feeling on my foray into America's southern lands.
So, on this Valentine's day instead of throwing a pity party for myself I am going to tell you what I do love.

I love that Nick can email me and he isn't sailing the seas when men couldn't even write letters.
I love that I have a new Valentine, Owen, and he is very handsome and charming.
I love our country and I don't mind spending the day alone if it means that our country is safe.
I love chocolate chip cookies.

This post was a little scattered.  Chalk it up to me being a reclusive shut in with only a cat, dog, and baby to talk to!

1 comment:

Laura Leigh Dobson said...

awww i love this post. i like you and your blog. :)