Sunday, June 12, 2011

california, i will miss you.

In the military you make your friends your family.  I'm going to miss a lot of people here in San Diego.  So many people have been great, true friends.



 I'm going to miss my church family.  I'm going to miss my coworker with whom I have spent everyday with since last April.  Well, work day at least.  I'm going to miss my favorite Navy wife.  And I'm going to miss Tom.  I'm also going to miss California.

It's also a little odd that Owen will not be in California, where he has incubated in my womb for oh so long.  To be honest, he won't remember Mississippi either.  Lord help my little navy baby.

The Lord has blessed me in ways I could not have anticipated during my time in California.  It is this knowledge that comforts me as I move on to our next duty station.  He's weaving a divine path for my little family and I anticipate great things from Him in Mississippi.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Two words: "Mississippi Burning".

Seriously, you're moving to a state that takes kids 3 years to learn how to spell.

When you play hide and seek they think you're being patriotic ("1 mississippi, 2 mississipi, 3 . . . ")

On the bright side, there is absolutely no way you'll have to vote on gay marriage, so, I guess you have to pick your battles.

Have fun!

ill miss you too :-( said...

Owen being birthed in MS is a precursor to his long and stoic gator hunting and trapping career. Just think of all those gatorskin purses and shoes you can get for mothers day. In any case its better then him being born in CA, nobody wants a hippy for a son….