Wednesday, April 7, 2010

polly want a cracker?

Poor quality photo taken by me through the window at 6:30 am.
Can you find the two parrots?

Nick and I were woken up on Saturday by a flock of Amazonian parrots that have migrated to Ocean Beach (The area of San Diego where we live).

I had heard a rumor about wild parrots, but I hadn't seen any. This morning about twelve parrots were making a racket in the trees outside of our bedroom window. They migrate up from Mexico to nest in San Diego for the spring. They are not seen outside of the Ocean Beach area.

I know, weird right?? Apparently there are many varieties of Amazonian parrots in San Diego. I used this website to identify my little parrot as a Lilac-crowned Amazonian. Wouldn't it be just great if I saw a nest with little baby parrots in it?!

Oh the wonders of California.

Love, Kaley

3 comments:

tp said...

you could submit that photo to some kind of magic-eye or eye-spy book. it's very cool.

Filia Dei said...

That picture is very cool. It would make a really neat print.

cottage girl said...

I have some osprey outside my window that you can have. They are so LOUD!