Wednesday, February 10, 2010

make new friends, but keep the old.


Okay listen, I'm sorry for the pity party that was my last blog. However, I feel that every military wife is entitled to a sulkfest at least... once every three months. So there- I'll post a blog you can comment on without feeling awkward.

Next topic.

Books are my friends. I don't have many friends out here and therefore read a lot. Sometimes I read too much. A few months ago I managed to split the binding of my favorite Harry Potter book. I've read it too many times. More times than I would like to admit and honestly more than I can remember.

Old friends are comforting, but new friends are the spice of life. When Nick leaves I feel that I am entitled to a new, well, title. Much to my surprise and excitement the newest book in the series "The Mysterious Benedict Society" has come out. It has excellent book art and the stories are cute! I think they would make great read alouds for an intermediate classroom. I do not only read for enjoyment, I read for classroom research. The beginning has been slow, but I expect it to pick up soon.

One is silver and the other gold. (Though isn't gold more valuable?)


PS I am over El Nino making it rain in San Diego. Pish Posh on your three foot snow storm- it's raining here!

4 comments:

L said...

Harry nooooo! Listen, I'll just get you a new one for your birthday or something.

tp said...

That little book does look quite amusing-- even too me.
P.S. I think you're very brave.

Filia Dei said...

You and Molly could have come home with your Mom for a week or two and enjoyed the effects of El Nino on the East Coast.

Because, we're in the middle of getting another foot right now. It's like we aren't even in Maryland right now.

Which Harry? HBP?

cottage girl said...

I'm having the hardest time getting through the first Mysterious Benedict. I like it, but it just hasn't captured me yet. It's still on my nightstand for easy access.