Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff




When Nick told me he was going to join the Navy I thought that was a stellar career path. Then I remembered that I'm not brave, courageous, or outwardly friendly. Then Nick left for a year, but I was fine because I had the support of my family. Then I moved away from my family and friends to be with Nick. That was fine too.

Now I have neither friends, nor family, nor Nick to keep me company in my lonely, unemployed existence. Please pray that I get a job soon. Not only do I need a source of income, but I need a reason to leave the house.

Bravery. That's what I need. Bravery to go outside in the sunshine and explore. I need bravery to attend church by myself and go to a small group. Courage. Of that I am lacking.

However, Nick does come home next weekend before really going out. My mom just came for a long weekend too. So I guess that I need bravery, courage, and a little less whining. Oh, and willpower not to eat everything in my house that is not nailed to the floor because of boredom.

No comments: