Friday, January 15, 2010

Thoughts on Domesticity.


I figure while I'm unemployed, I might as well blog everyday. Today the thought that plagues me is "Why is my house so dusty?" I dust, and dust, and dust. I use Pledge. I use cloths. My house is a massive dust producer. I have never seen anything like it! See for yourself. This is my television stand.

This is not weeks of dust accumulation. This is one day. ONE DAY! I might just use my Dyson to suck the dust out of the air. My internet research led me to some answers. Dust is composed of organic and inorganic material (Fabric fibers, dirt, skin, dust mites). More dust will be created the longer you are in your house. Well, I'm practically a shut in- so this might explain the dust. Also, San Diego is the dustiest place ever.

My dust production is a failure, but I have had domestic success. I made a pot roast. I made it from "scratch" if scratch means meat and a pre-packaged spice packet from McCormick. I used my crock pot for the first time. The meat tasted good- not gross. Sure, there was some room for improvement in the potatoes, but they were edible!

Here's to domestic success!

2 comments:

tp said...

I am so proud of you!!
Even if that picture made me throw up a little bit.

Filia Dei said...

YAY! My first pot roast was a burned rock of charoal protein. GOOD JOB!