Saturday, January 16, 2010

PALE

Pale in San Diego

I thought I would answer a burning question for my readers today. Here is that question.

"Is it difficult being so pale?"

The answer is YES! Yes, it is. It is hard being pale and cancer prone in Sunny San Diego. San Diego just enjoyed a week of weather that was particularly nice. It was 75 and not a cloud in the sky for five days straight. I usually use a 15 spf moisturizer on my face for sun protection. After the sunny week I looked into the mirror and something didn't quite feel right. I leaned in for a closer examination. My freckles, they were coming out. The blazing ball of heat and light that forever shines down on SD had woken my freckles from a deep, deep January sleep.

So I went out and bought 50 spf. If only I had a peaches and cream complex a la Scarlett Johanssen.

2 comments:

tp said...

pale is the new tan. and you know this! :)

Anonymous said...

This is funny to me because a share a similar, though not freckled, fate. My sister-in-law actually asked me if I TRIED to stay pale on purpose. ... "No" I said. "It's natural."