Thursday, October 22, 2009

Asunder.



I met Nick in high school. We went on our first date at Adam's Ribs. I was 16. Seven and a half years later I find myself getting ready to move to the West Coast- just for him. Sometimes I envision my teenage self being told about this. "When you grow up you are going to move hither and thither for this man, for the rest of your life"
This is going to sound crazy, but I feel like from the moment I met Nick I stuck to him. Like a magnet to a fridge. (I have literary aspirations you know. That's why I make such good analogies) I think my little 16 year old self would have said "Heck yes!" I mean, I made him come to SU. Which, in retrospect, was a really good choice because now our framed diplomas look very nice together.


All kidding aside, I meant it when I took my vows. I really found my best friend in Nick. I'm excited to give up this strange half life where Nick is gone. I can't imagine my life where I didn't have this man.

Those that God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

Replace "man" for "Navy".

1 comment:

tp said...

this is really lovely. i must say, he is a man worth giving you up to-- if you have to move across the universe, i am glad it's for him.

i also really like his lax-tee and your cami paired with adjustable buckle shorts.