Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This and That.




Well, Nick did come home this weekend! We got to visit with friends, family, and pack. Also, he found my lost Harry Potter wand. I love it when Nick comes home!!
I won't see Nick for another two months, but really that's only 1/6 of the year when you look at it. The upside is when I do see him he should be home for... at least two months! Then he leaves for... two months! Sometimes when I think of myself I want to sing that Destiny's Child song from Charlie's Angels about "independent women".

I'm moving all my earthly possessions on Monday to await my arrival in California. This has been mildly stressful-but it's been okay. When I called the Electric Company to set up service the girl had to ask what the state abbreviation for Maryland was! Man, West Coast here I come! Also, when I was dropping Nick off at the airport he called the duty van to ask for a ride back to the ship when he got into Mississippi. The guy in front of us turned around and asked
"Oh, you said ship, do you work on the Carnival Holiday that just got into the harbor?"
and Nick responds
"No, I work on a US Naval Destroyer"
The guy just turned around awkwardly. It was pretty funny.

Finally, I just signed up for this service Brite Revolution (It's a website) and you give them 5 bucks a month and a portion goes to a charity. Well, the reason I joined is because if you pay them 5 bucks you get to download music from all the artists on the site! Original songs from - hold on, are you sitting down?- Sean Watkins, Andy Davis, and Ginny Owens just to name a few. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

I'm done.

1 comment:

Love or Nothing said...

hey kaley! i've been working on some new music lately and i wrote this song that ended up reminding me of you and nick. it pretty much sums you guys up i think. i wanted you to hear it so i recorded it and put it on my myspace for you to listen. it's called "for you" and the lyrics are up there too. www.myspace.com/sarahloveornothing

i recorded it pretty quickly so it's not amazing, but i'm going to redo it. let me know what you think! :)