Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Radio.

Sometimes for my own amusement I tune into hot 99.5 and listen to pop lyrics. I just sit and really listen. I know I just recently posted, but it seems new songs come out all the time.

Here is by far my very favorite of the moment. It comes from Mariah Carey's "Why you so obsessed with me" Are you prepared? She's right up there with Chaucer and Whitman.

"So why you trippin'
You a mom and pop
I'm a corporation.
I'm a press conference
You a conversation"

Next time someone gets on my nerves I'm definitely laying it all on the line and telling them that they a conversation, but I- I get press coverage by major networks.

This is a relative oldy but goody. I like it when Britney says:

"I'm like the ringleader, I call the shots.
I'm like a firecracker, I make it hot"

They should use these musical lyrics when preparing analogies for the SAT's. I mean, how much better would the youth do when they could say: Judge is to verdict as Ringleader is to shots. I think everyone would do rather well actually.

Finally the last song that's disturbing me is "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus. I'm not going to front like I don't like it, but there is one thing that's just been niggling at the back of my mind for some time.

"Get to the club in my taxi cab
Everybody's looking at me now
Like 'who's that chick that's rockin' kicks?'"

First off, Miley Cyrus is 16. What is she going to some lame under 18 club like H2O in Ocean City? Does Billy Ray really let Miley get her rave on? The club (insert scoff here). Secondly I thought that "kicks" meant shoes. Does everyone in LA go around barefoot or does the word "kicks" mean sneakers? If that's the case did she really think people wouldn't look at her if she was wearing tennis shoes to a night club?

I'm done.
Love, Kaley

PS Nick comes home TOMORROW so I probably won't blog. Yay :)

2 comments:

Love or Nothing said...

people play Party in the USA when i'm around just to torture me. i always laugh when that line comes up too.. the thought of miley in the "club" is ridiculous.
have fun with nick!! so glad you get to see him!

Amanda said...

"Kicks" are sneakers and she's saying she didn't get the "memo" to wear "stilettoes". So I guess all the under 18 year olds wear 5-inch heels to the clubs.
Yeah I like the song...don't judge me...I have two sisters-in-law who are in highschool :)