Monday, September 21, 2009

One Year Anniversary.


Oh no, not of my marriage. Of my marriage ending when Nick divorced me for the Navy! (Just Kidding!) One year ago today Nick walked into Officer Candidate School in Newport, RI. Little did he know he was about to endure the most hellish three months of his existence. He learned to eat with a war spoon, he didn't sleep...ever, he didn't even get candy! But worst of all, he didn't see me. There is a depressing gap in our iPhoto albums from September 21- December 18. Here is a little photo montage of Nick's journey through OCS.
This was when I dropped Nick off in Newport. I can't admit how much I cried.
This is what Nick endured during OCS. I bet he wished he could cry.

I stayed at home and talked to the cat...Nick was frogmarched around by a Drill Instructor.

Then finally, at last, I got to see him!!!

And he was an Ensign!

I can honestly say that even through 12 months of separation that OCS was the hardest. So, here's to you Nick for making it through the same thing Richard Gere did in "An Officer and a Gentleman" and for truly keeping us Newlyweds even after we've been married a year and some change.

Love, Kaley

No comments: