Friday, August 28, 2009

Navy List


This here Navy wife if at the point of... "Seriously?!" That's all I have to say on the subject of Nick being whisked away. Seriously?
I'm going to make a time countdown instead of blogging about something depressing like sleeping in an empty bed.

1- month I got to spend with Nick after Officer Candidate School(OCS)
location: Annapolis

2- months Nick was deployed on the JPJ
location: Middle East/Pacific Ocean?

3- months during which contact with Nick was at an all time low: OCS
location: Newport, RI

4- days that Nick spent driving cross country to go to San Diego.
location: United States of America

5- amount of phone calls I received during Nick's deployment
location: unknown!

6- Amount of times I've seen Nick since the end of February.
location: Newport, San Diego, Maryland, Mississippi

7- The amount of months I thought I would be apart from Nick. Ha ha!


8- The number of apartment complexes we looked at in San Diego!

12- This is how many months it's been since Nick and I stopped living together.

20- How many flights I've taken since then to see that man.

120- Amount of dollars for a phone call from Palau.

Okay, is this boring yet? I'm just trying to give you an insight into our life.
Here is my slogan: Hurry up and wait! Well I'm done waiting so I guess I'll just wait some more.
Good news, Nick gets to escape the monotony of Pascagoula and go to Cali for two weeks to get trained to shoot terrorists or something. Go Nick! Think of him tomorrow as he will get sprayed in the eyes with pepper spray- and I think I read somewhere that blue eyes are more sensitive. Oh and he is coming home at the end of the month!!!!!!!! His very last trip to Annapolis for months upon months.

Love, Kaley

1 comment:

Filia Dei said...

I love you Kaley.
REmember that you are blessed in the fact that you haven't had any of the first year "OH MY GOSH" realizations that other newlyweds have.
All your time has been honeymoon time. A year and 2 months of honeymoons.
Does that help at all??