I'm not going to lie. I could care less about a lot of monuments on this earth that other people would be thrilled to see. I might have even blogged about this before, but since I can't remember I'll do it again!
I think probably a lot of people want to travel and see the world. I don't. However, since I married a travel bound man in the Navy, my feelings are bound to change. For your reading pleasure I have compiled a list of monuments that I enjoy and ones that are lame.
Lamest places, artifacts, and monuments.
- Niagara Falls: Really? Not impressed. Talk about not living up to the hype!
- Grand Canyon: A rock strewn cliff. Pass!
- Washington Monument: I could take it or leave it.
- Stone Hedge: Don't care about a bunch of rocks. Maybe the monoliths of Easter Island, but definitely not these.
- The Mona Lisa: I mean okay, I haven't seen Stone Hedge or the Mona Lisa, but I could bet on the fact that I wouldn't like them.
- The Wax Museum in Harper's Ferry, WVA: Trust me, this place is haunted and you should avoid it at all costs!!!
Suitably Impressive places, artifacts, and monuments.
- Castles: I really don't care where. Any castle is interesting. My life's ambition is to see Hogwarts in Scotland.
- Platform Nine and Three Quarters: I would go to London just to see this ratty old sign in King's Cross.
- Chichenitza: This large Aztec building in Mexico was actually interesting. Mostly because they told gory tales of human sacrifice.
- Newport, RI: This is my favorite city by the sea.
- Constitution Hall in Philly: It is neat to see where our Founding Fathers did their thing.
- The Colosseum in Rome: I could dig seeing the place that men fought lions to the death.
So there you have it. I'm sure I've convinced most of you not to travel with me, but just like Eustace in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I could have a change of heart on a journey of discovery at any point.