Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Radio Land



I seldom listen to the radio, but today I decided to dial into our local top 40 station. I only had time for three songs on the way back from Granny's house- but those songs set me to thinking.

First song- "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift.

This song is about a girl who loves a boy. The boy loves a girl who "wears high heels" and is "cheer captain". Taylor sings how the boy should be with her because she wears sneakers and laughs at his jokes. Okay, I'm sorry, but who would want to be with a guy like that? He's obviously shallow and into cheerleaders with hot physiques. Girl, don't get on your knees and beg! Have some self decency and move on- or get a "Grease"-esque makeover a la Olivia Newton John. But don't pine. Whatever you do, don't pine.

Second song- "Hotel Room Service" by Pitbull

Okay, so I think that's the name of the song. I'm sure you've heard it because if it's hit my life then it must have been out since at least last December. (I'm not always the first to know) You may recognize this song by it's mantra "We at the hotel, motel, Holiday Inn". I confess, at first listen it's a smidge catchy. Then I caught something about "mushy gushy stuff", "undress", and "freaky". The only people more turned off than me by references to "mushy gushy stuff" would be the housekeeping staff at the Holiday Inn! As if they needed a famous rapper promoting individuals with venereal diseases to get "freaky" at their hotel!
I'm just glad he didn't say "Holiday Inn Express" because I really like them and their complementary breakfast bar. I don't want anything to spoil that for me.

Third song- "Run This Town" by some people and the ever intelligent Kanye West

Alright. I'm offended. By the following lyrics-

"Wutchu think I rap for? To push a (expletive) Rav4?"

Oh yeah Kanye?? Well I can think of a lot of words to describe my Rav4 and none of those words are indecent. How about these adjectives? Reliable, comfortable, fantastic, a good investment and so on and so forth. Don't diss the Rav Kanye. Don't diss the Rav.

And that was my foray into the radio waves for the day. Also, there is no way I knew the real names to those songs- I googled for sure!

PS
Michelle Duggar is having her 19th child!!! Good gravy that Jim Bob is fertile.

4 comments:

Filia Dei said...

And her daughter in law is having her first!

L said...

I laughed a lot at this post. You and your Rav should come visit me. We won't make fun of it here!

tp said...

AND it's pathetic that he rhymed "for" with "4". That's cheating.

Anonymous said...

Kanye West is a total moron. A pox on him for being mean to sweet Taylor Swift. I have other things I would like to say but I shan't put them on your blog.