Tuesday, May 20, 2008

College Graduate Suckas!!!

First, I want to apologize for the "in your face" title of this blog entry. I just felt compelled to let you guys know that I am now a college graduate and am moving forward into the real world. I am now sitting in Kaley's house on a Tuesday afternoon using my newly earned college degree skills for typing a blog to you guys. Good way to start off real life, don't you think?

Second, I also want to apologize for not updating as frequently as my counterpart, Kaley. Its just that she's so good at blogging that I find it intimidating to follow up, or its just that I'm lazy and don't find it in my best interest to sit in front of the computer for 10 minutes and type, although I do sit in front of the computer and look up stupid videos on youtube. Which leads me to my next order of business. UKULELE!!!

I know that Kaley had mentioned it in the last blog, but I bought a ukulele and am enjoying it tremendously. Matt and I thought that since we were graduating, we deserved ukuleles. He's moving on from the kazoo and I have always wanted to play one. Matt, you better be practicing! I have already learned a couple things on it, including the intro to Stairway to Heaven. My plan is to be a semi master at ukulele by summer's end and to become the next Jason Castro from American Idol:



Now, I don't really like or watch American Idol but like I said, I spend a lot of time on youtube and came across this video looking up ukulele things, so it worked its way into this blog. Anywho, I'm closing out this entry because I have to get back to the ukulele (ookoo-lay-lay).

Oh, if you guys know how I can put a youtube video in my blog instead of the link, that would be appreciated. I think that the video would be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye more than an blue, underlined, hyperlink to the video I wish to show. Thanks.

Edit: I have searched far and wide for the answer to the question above and I found my answer, so I am now editing this post and have included said video. And instead of taking out the above question I decided to post my own answer instead. I can do that, its my blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nick, excellent post and use of multimedia elements to capture the audiences attention. you are an accomplished blogger. i have been focusing on my blog so the ukulele has taken a back seat but i promise i will practice more this week.

-berbert

Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouragement matt. i must say, you are really picking it up with the blogging thing, i think that you have blogged every day since graduation now. good job.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was a probably a good start before letting in on the new world. You don't have to apologize as we all know how busy you are as a student. At least now, you're done on your study. Congratulations.