Friday, June 1, 2012

sew into this.

Sewing is really great.  Sometimes I fail miserably, but I keep trying.  Trying, trying.

"What has Kaley been sewing lately?" is the question I am sure has been on all of your minds!  Let me show you the haute couture looks I've been working on.

Boppy Cover, with violin applique, for my friend's baby shower.  Installed a zipper on a curve.  I was proud. 

This is a diaper holder.  I like it.  It turned out a little wonky, but cute.  Matches the boppy.  

I made two piped crab pillows for my mother.  

Aren't they Marylandtastic?  

Learned how to install a zipper when you pipe a pillow.  Turned out great I think.  

We didn't sew this, but Nick and I recovered these stools.  He sanded them down and spray painted
them black, then I sanded them to antique them.  I put foam on top and staple gunned some fabric for
a cushion.  

I made some headbands for my nieces.  Isn't that flower precious?!

I made my mom this tote bag for Mother's Day.  I used cotton batting and I should have used
a sturdier stabilizer, but all in all it turned out great!  This is the most complicated thing I've sewn yet.
And Look!  It has a pocket!

I sewed myself another pillow.  Sick I know.  

Three more pillows.  I'm proud of the anchor pillow because the stripes match up on each side.  And it was my
first applique.  Anchor-rific!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love my pillows! They look super cute on the two chairs and now I'm looking for something crabby to put on the coffee table. You know that I love my tote - it is awesome! You're so talented and you have such a creative eye for things - I'm very proud of you. ;-)
Mummsie

Drea said...

Um, this is SO IMPRESSIVE TO ME. This makes me want to sew. Please come teach me how to sew.

Filia Dei said...

You are awesome at sewing!

Angel said...

Kaley!!! You are a super, fantastic seamstress!! I want those navy wife pillows, and the tote. :)