Sunday, February 26, 2012

long live twinky cat.

Twinky eats plastic.  Have you ever seen those documentaries on the birds that eat plastic and when the biologists go to their nesting sites all that's left of the sea birds are their rotting carcasses and the plastic that killed them?  If you haven't, suffice it to say, ingesting plastic is bad for animals.
So yeah, Twinky eats baby pacifiers.  She's eaten, say, ten pacifiers.  Maybe more.  She's sneaky, agile, and has an appetite for plastic that can't be whet.
Yesterday she started vomiting.  And vomiting.  And vomiting.
I feared she had a ball of plastic obstructing her intestines.
I knew that surgery could be about 1,000 dollars.
I cried for a really long time because I'm obsessed with Twinky.
I relived my other cats leaving me.  First Tipper cat.  She was attacked by a raccoon and had to be put down.  I remember taking her to the vet wrapped in a towel.  I remember them keeping her overnight.  I had plans to go see "Tarzan" the animated movie with my middle school youth group friends.  Tipper had to be put down.  I found a piece of her hair under my bed months later and cried like a baby.
My other cat, Kitty, wasn't really my cat.  She was given away to a shelter and it broke my heart.  I had nightmares for a year of Kitty escaping and trying to find her way back to me.

The point I'm trying to make is that I am crazy.  Twinky is my first cat.  My first kitten.  A dream I've had my entire life, having a cat.  Twinky can't die.  Nick's gone.

Twinky is on the mend.  She's eaten a scoop of food and kept it down.  I know she is an animal, but I'm so thankful for the small mercies Jesus puts in my life.  I prayed about my kitten and I asked my family and friends to pray for my kitten.  It's a little selfish, but I know my God cares about what I care about.

"Do not be anxious in anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God."  Phillipians 4:6

God doesn't think my problems are unimportant.  My tiny, navy wife, lonely cat lady problems.  He loves me.  He loves me.  He probably desires I spend more time in the Word and less time submitting Twinky pictures to breadingcats.com... but he loves me despite it all.  He's so faithful.

So, Praise God, my cat is getting better.  I say that guarded, as if it will be judged, but a praise is a praise is a praise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Twinkie is feeling better. God does love you and He does care for your kitty. I can't wait to come and spend time with Twinkie! (and you...and Owen...and Molly, of course).