Monday, January 30, 2012

nick's in the ocean. again.

Spoiled.  Nick was home for SIX straight months.  That is the longest span of time we have been together in our married lives.  Alas, sailors can not stay on land forever.  He is gone for a few months mapping the ocean floor.  

Before the ship pulled out he sent me this in an email.  

"I kind of hate it out here and desperately wish that I was home.  I'll cheer up though."  


This under way has been different because of Owen.  I know that Nick is missing him and sad that he will miss Owen crawling and eating food for the first time.  It is also hard for me to suddenly become a single parent.  I felt that weight settle around me as I was walking out of the airport.  However, God blessed me with a simply wonderful baby.  Owen is happy, easy going, and a joy to be around.  He rarely fusses and smiles often.  Honestly, it is more difficult being a parent to Molly and Twinky.  (They got a two hour time out in my room yesterday for knocking over cups and scratching my legs)  

Fun travel tidbit.  Nick tried to pick up a Japanese copy of Harry Potter for me at the Tokyo airport... but they only had anime novels!  


No comments: