Friday, December 2, 2011

celtic festival. southern style.

Turns out "Celtic Festival" in MS actually meant "Redneck Festival." **

that's some good people watchin'
Nick and I skipped lunch hoping for some Welsh fare.  Maybe some Bangers and Mash, some Fish and Chips.  Perhaps even some wine gums or squash.  We weren't sure.

Turns out Welsh Fare in MS actually meant deep fried corn dogs.  (that cost 8 dollars)


We did get a deep fried Mars bar though.  Nick and I had put "deep fried Snickers" on our bucket list and this was close enough.  I know... don't be too underwhelmed by our bucket list.


There was some jousting.  It was an 80 year old man VERSUS a 12 year old girl.  The old man won.  I chalk it up to life experience.



Then there was some sheep wrangling.  This was actually interesting.  Especially when the children ran wild and hit the sheep with their plastic Celt swords...  Unfortunately Nick and I were too classy to snap a picture of that.  (Or not quick enough to whip out the camera)




 ** I don't mean to say that everyone in MS is a redneck, only that many rednecks attended this festival, and rednecks in MS are unlike anything else.


No comments: