Thursday, June 16, 2011

miss.

"Where can a dead man go?
A question with an answer only dead men know. 
But I'm gonna bet they never really feel at home
if they spent a lifetime learning how to live in Rome."

i'm pretending as if these are my friends.
they are really sean and sara watkins who sing the song lyrics.
it kind of seems like we're friends though, right?!

I spent my whole first year in San Diego missing home.  I'm leaving it in less than a week.  I've come to realize that I have many people that I am going to truly miss.  PCS-ing to Mississippi is a blessing from the Lord, I refuse to look at it any other way.  Pining will take place in my heart, but I am going to turn it outward and invest in friends to enjoy for the next two years of my life.



The more people you learn to love, the more people you leave to miss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In twenty years you will be amazed at the number of friends you have all around the world. It will be really cool. I promise.

Auntie M

Marshall said...

You totally look like friends with those people. I mean, most of my friends look like they're awkwardly trying to creep out of the picture. That's a normal thing, right?

. . . anybody?