Sunday, May 1, 2011

water for elephants.


Nick took mercy on me and took me to see "Water For Elephants."  I gave this book a poor review.  However, I had confidence that Hollywood would cut out all the gritty and inappropriate subject matter and make this move into something great.  Kudos Hollywood, you have succeeded.  I really enjoyed this movie.  It was a feast for the eyes.  The costumes alone made this worth watching.  It takes place in the early thirties during the depression and prohibition.  Men were in three piece suits then you add in the circus element and all those delicious costumes and you have movie magic.  The lighting was fantastic.  Even if the plot had been terrible, which it wasn't, the look of the movie alone would make it worth seeing.  If nothing else consider this,  people clapped at the end.
I would not reread this novel, but I would for sure buy this movie and re-watch it.  I hate to admit this, but Robert Pattinson is a handsome leading man.  Reese Witherspoon rode an elephant for goodness sakes!

Go see this movie.  You won't regret it.  And there is some gratuitous violence, so your husband might be roped into going too.

No comments: