Monday, May 23, 2011

older brother.

RIP Raul.
Who wouldn't want an older brother?  I guess that depends on the time frame we are peering into.  Having an older brother wasn't all "protector of my honor" and "reliable sibling" in the early 2000's.  Our relationship changed a lot over the years.  First I'm sure it was very amiable, as we were one year apart.  Often I could convince Marshall to play Barbie with me.  This meant he set up a protective perimeter around the Barbie mansion consisting of life size GI Joe dolls, which were very en vogue at the time, and defended Barbie's honor against the likes of Genie from Aladdin.  Then high school came.  Enter a schema shift.  Marshall was cool.  I was painfully uncool.  I would dare say I was his Hermione, meaning I was a constant stream of admonitions and annoyance.  These photos bear witness to our relationship in high school.

my favorite part of this photo is mom ceased to intervene, she just kept recording.

No comments: