Saturday, April 17, 2010

time to fess up.




I've been thinking. Thinking about manatees. Something happened today that may have caused a manatee paradigm shift.

During professional development the "Master Teacher" was reading out of a book. In the video she asked a child what animal he saw. He said "Walrus."
Meanwhile I'm thinking "Oh, Oh, I know! A manatee!"
It was. Indeed, it was the sea cow. I turned around to a teacher I knew and whisper shouted "Manatees!"

Listen, I think I still might be a little obsessed with them. Sure I still get the monthly Save The Manatee newsletter. Yeah, maybe I have several manatee posters. I mean, I may have searched my blog for manatee references and found nine blogs about... manatees.

I need help. Help me! I still love manatees!

I guess such a deep love cannot evaporate over space and time. A love as real as the love I have for manatees will never die.

1 comment:

tp said...

it's like how I feel about Joni Mitchell and other music you can't understand why I like...
It's because I love her, and true love lasts a lifetime- like your love for manatees.

-werce, like worse but spelled incorrectly.