Sunday, April 4, 2010

Earthquake!

Listen, a 6.9 earthquake hit the Baja peninsula of California- and we felt it here in San Diego. Can I tell you? I'm still feeling queasy. Nick and I were in Petco and I thought someone was yanking the floor from side to side. The fish tanks were sloshing water everywhere. We all went out into the parking lot where the cars were swaying side to side. I keep "feeling" aftershocks. Seriously, this is one of the weirdest things I have ever felt. Just like the earth is going back and forth. Very surreal.

It kind of makes you think of when the rock was rolled back from Jesus' tomb!

Happy Easter from the US Capital of Natural Disasters: California!

Love, Kaley

6 comments:

Filia Dei said...

Very Scary!

Glad you are all okay. Was Molly freaked out?

cottage girl said...

I thought about you the minute I saw that on the news. Crazy!

Nick and Kaley said...

Molly wasn't even phased! The cats in Petco didn't even wake up.

Mommers said...

Come back to the safe side of the country! In my 50 years, I haven't felt an earthquake. I'm glad you're ok.

Gina said...

how long did the shaking last?

Nick and Kaley said...

Five minutes? About that long. Maybe three. I could be exaggerating b/c I was SKERD