Monday, March 1, 2010

Jeepers, Creepers, Where'd you get those peepers?


High Schools do not hire normal people to substitute. One such abnormality was walking around my Spanish class proclaiming students to have "Smiling Eyes" or even "Kind Eyes". She walked up to me, took a long hard look and said "You do not have smiling eyes."

Well fine. Maybe I don't. Maybe my resting face suggests that I am angry. Perhaps my relaxed state suggests apathy or even rage. I can not control it! It is hard for me to get a smile to reach my eyes. My forehead gets tired people! I have to let. it. rest!

When Nick and I have kids (far, far, far in the future) I want them to have Nick's eyes. I think Nick has kind eyes. He has friendly, blue, Kris Kringle like eyes.

I have the eyes of Medusa- that will turn you to stone before you can take a second glance. I can just imagine seeing my child for the first time- and being frozen. Frozen by their satanic like gaze.

So here's to my kids looking like Nick!

Love, Kaley

2 comments:

Filia Dei said...

You have beautiful eyes.

tp said...

Aren't all babies eyes like a steel gray-blue at first?