Thursday, December 17, 2009

Watkins Family Christmas Hour

My dear, dear husband took me to Los Angeles to see the Watkins Family Christmas Hour. It was at the Largo theatre in Hollywood. You heard right- Hollywood, California. You would also be right in assuming that I played the theme song to "The Hills" (Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield) while driving into the city. I even SAW the Hollywood Hills. I still can't believe this East Coaster is seeing all of these unbelievable sights! Nick and I even drove by Paramount Pictures!

This is the only shot I could get of LA. It didn't occur to me to shoot a picture until we were driving home...

Back to the subject at hand- I got to see the Watkins. I kind of thought it would be all Christmas music, which it wasn't. It was merely sprinkled with the occasional Christmas tune. NOT that I mind by any means. The Largo theatre smelled of patchouli and had odd mannequin statues all about it. Nick, my awesome husband, scored second row seats. It was, for lack of a more musically informed phrase, the bomb. I'm just not sure what it would be like to be that talented. They had plenty of guests Jackson Browne included. Nick gave me the stink eye when I didn't know who that was, but then he played me his song on his iPhone. Apparently J.B. is kind of a big deal. Mom- you should be jealous. I think they play him on your radio station quite a lot.

Of course then we stayed after and I made creepy eye contact and begged for a picture. However, this being my third meeting with Sean, I was able to keep some semblance of a normal expression on my face. No seriously, check my face in the other photos below. Embarrassing!


And so, my life is complete. Maybe I will conquer unemployment by being their roadie or something.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Who are the Watkins?