Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas! sans family




There are a couple of Christmas songs taunting me right now. I had never even paid attention to the song "I'll Be Home for Christmas" for example:


"Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents under the tree.
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light beams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams"


I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't immediately tear up during such renderings of this classic yuletide tune. I will miss my fam during this holiday. Hopefully they will end out many beams of love light. However, Nick, Molly and I will make the most of our 74 degree Christmas. This will be our second Christmas married- but last year we had the stomach flu. Home is where your husband is.
Also, I've always dreamt of a white Christmas. Well, while it is warm and sunny here, MD was declared to be in a state of emergency because of two feet of snow. I. Am. Jealous!

In other news, I am not a dog person. I don't like them. I like cats. I've been watching Dogs 101 to try to harbor some more love for Molly. I know that I will not ever love Molly like I these crazy people love their dogs.

And I quote, "He is like my boyfriend and child all rolled into a package that can't talk back" There was also a harrowing story chronicling how a dog with dreadlock fur inspired a family to open a yarn shop. I'm pretty positive Molly will never inspire me to go eat bratwurst, but I've been wrong before.

3 comments:

tp said...

oh girl...

Filia Dei said...

You would be surprised how much you can love a dog. Chewie has made me a dog person and now i don't really like cats. I like my cat but cats are just too, well, they ignore you. He's not my child or my love interest(that's kind of weird) but he is my dog and there is a special little place in my heart that belongs to him.

I say all this, but I cried yesterday when I thought Snickers might be dead in a snowdrift and I dug out and stuck my head in 2 drainage culberts looking for her.

Mom said...

Kaley, your Dad and I really miss you too - Christmas just feels lonely without you and Nick. Next year - you and Nick need to come home to Maryland. If global warming keeps up like the dems say it is, you'll be guaranteed a white Christmas!