Thursday, October 29, 2009

Education


As you well might know, I received some experience this year in Special Education. I spent about 2 months working with 1st and 3rd graders. Needless to say some days were easier than others. Some students were easier than others. However, I have to say after a last year when my class was a struggle EVERY day I loved working with these sweet little beings.
Yesterday I had to say goodbye to the school that I have worked at for the past two plus years. It was kind of hard. It was the first tangible goodbye I had to give. Every goodbye before this was "Bye, but I don't leave for two weeks so I'll probably see you". Yesterday was it. I know it's shocking to say this, but I was upset. I love so many kids in that school. I've invested time in them. I know about their family lives and have watched their progress. I've worried about them and spoken about them almost everyday after work.

Oh well, I'll send them a postcard from San Diego-right?

1 comment:

tp said...

i know they were hard years, but look at all you've come through! i think it is remarkable how many lived you impacted at that school. i know that there will be others... you are so giving.