Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wedding...soon!

It's recently been hard to blog because my life has been consumed with wedding planning... tying ribbons, stuffing envelopes, being a brat to the photo counter guy at CVS because he didn't IMMEDIATELY print out the pictures I wanted... and so forth.

Let me just put it out there that after six years I am SO ready to get married. Waiting six days even is torturous. I can't wait to celebrate! And I get to marry Nick who just happens to be the man of my dreams and is really nice to me when I do things like yell at the CVS kid and then make him go in and get the pictures because I am too embarrassed.

Nick and I are going to be in Cozumel this time next week! Maybe we will be visiting some Aztec or Mayan ruins... whichever native peoples populated cozumel.. I don't know... I teach third grade. Kids don't even know what town they live in, so I feel safe not knowing that.

I recently saw a book called "Lies my teacher told me" and at first it made me mad, but then I was thinking... I'm pretty sure I lied to my kids at least a handful of times through the year.

Things I lied about:
1. The fish dying when I really just gave it to the janitor b/c I didn't feel like cleaning his bowl

2. Calling their parents... I never did.

3. That I have all the states memorized, but I don't. I don't even know where half of them are.

Things I didn't lie about:
1. The appropriate (and inappropriate) usage of the word "Ass"

2. Marsupials, I read a book, I know alot.

3. The old addage "Treat others how you want to be treated"



So, I think this wraps up my post folks. PS I loved my class I really did. And I didn't lie to them...much.



Love, Kaley (Nick is at his BACHELOR party...which is golfing)

1 comment:

Love or Nothing said...

ahhh you're getting married so soon! that is exciting =) i'm really happy for you guys.