Wednesday, July 4, 2012

remodels.

Often when I am perusing home decor blogs I bemoan not being able to paint in my rental.  Sigh.  Military wife problems.  Recently, I showed you a picture of my bookshelf, which I'm sure you poured over, and told you that I would restyle it.

Here is my restyle.


You may have to squint to see my do it yourself burlap sea dollar frame.  Nick found it in Pensacola.  It was pretty exciting, as I'm sure you can imagine, to find a whole sand dollar. My DIY stained ball jars look much cuter all cuddled up together.

Now, the office remodel is my project while Nick is gone.  I've organized a little, Owen has helped me with that.


I've also tried to consolidate Nick's Navy relics onto one wall.  Now he truly has a "me" wall.  The crazy part is we have two certificates, for crossing seas and canals and such, that are not framed, and one on the way from the Arctic.  I'm going to fill that wall up to the ceiling by the time his career is over!


This is all I've done so far.  I've got to fill in the space under his Dewey plaques.  I've got some ideas. Can you tell the office is in desperate need of organization?  


It is cool to see three generations of a family all serve in the same branch.  The guy in black and white is Grandpa Fred, whose baby picture looks eerily similar to Owen.  It should be interesting to see how he looks when he grows up!

No comments: