Friday, July 20, 2012

mandy. moore please!


I love Mandy Moore.  I may or may not own a best hits album.  I heart Tangled.  I heart her cheesy Nicholas Sparks, virginal, 'oh no I got cancer' movie.  So here is her cover of sleazy Rhianna's "Umbrella."  As you can see, anything Mandy touches is gold.  To me.



Recently I've been watching "One Tree Hill" on Soapnet.  (Curse you DirectTV and your one million channels!)  I watched the first two seasons back in the early 2000's, but then stopped.  Now I love watching their flared jeans and the guest appearances by K-Fed and Stephen from Laguna Beach.  Oh so good.  And did I just see a cameo by Three doors down?!

What's more captivating Chad Michael Murray?  Your three names?  Your moody stare?  Your soul patch?  

Though I did not hear a Simpson sisters sing on the show, I was reminded of what I listened to in college.  The truth is, I got my groove on to Ashlee and Jessica way too much.  I may have danced around in a poncho to Ashlee Simpson's "Shadow" pretending to be Jessica Simpson.  I can't remember who danced as Ashlee, but I think it may have been my husband's old roommate...  


And then there's this.  While searching I came across Jessica's attempt to "go country."  Does anyone else remember that?  I'm glad she steered her ship towards fashion.  I'll post this video from when she could sing.  It's kinder that way.



The flash from the past is over!  Hope you enjoyed it!


No comments: