Friday, March 11, 2011

tsunami!

There was an earthquake in Japan.  Did you hear? 

4:30 am Nick's phone rings.
"Sir, you'll need to report to the ship, there has been an 8.9 earthquake in Japan and there is a tsunami coming"

4:35 am
Nick gets up.  Showers.  Comes back in. 

4:45 am
Kaley- "Nick, what's going on?"
Nick- "We may take the ship underway to avoid the tsunami, there was an 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan."
Kaley- "Is that big?"
Nick- "Yes, earthquakes are exponential."
Kaley- "I don't know what that means."
Nick- "I can't explain it in a way you'll understand."
Kaley-"Will the tsunami be big?"
Nick- "Probably not"

Meanwhile I have not opened my eyes.

5:00 am

Kaley asleep, not concerned for her personal safety.

6:00 am

Kaley awoken by concerned family members.  Gets her hopes up about school being cancelled.  School does not get cancelled.  Experiences one of the nicest days San Diego has ever had. 

And that's the time I survived a tsunami.

2 comments:

Filia Dei said...

That's the last time I try to save your life!

Mumsie said...

Ha ha - I just saw Aunty M's response. Too funny ;-)