Monday, May 10, 2010

pineapples



I had never given any thought to how pineapples grow. I think I kind of assumed they grew on palm trees like coconuts. Then I thought they might grow on bushes. This reminds me of a time in college when Tara, LP, and I all took bets on how cranberries grew and were harvested.

Imagine my surprise when Nick visited the Dole plantation in Hawaii and sent me these photos.

Well I'll be jiggered.

This one is not how pineapples grow, but I thought it was really funny!

Nick says "Aloha" from Hawaii.

3 comments:

tp said...

man I wish we could have taken a poll on pineapples too- can you imagine our ideas...
nick as the pineapple made me laugh out loud.


I can taste San Diego already...

today it's debra! like the real name! :)

L said...

My guess would have been on a tree too. Or maybe underground like a potato! Either way...incorrect.

Matt Berbert said...

Ukulele pictures are my favorite!