Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just beeeeee yourself!



Me. Being Me.
"Just beeee yourself" Do you remember Genie saying that to Aladdin right before he goes to win over the Princess Jasmine?

Be myself? Yeah, no thanks. I would really rather not. Being yourself requires that you open yourself up to other people. It means you have to vulnerable. It means people might not like you. I, however, have no choice but to be myself. I'm not very good at being any other way. I can't "pretend". I guess I can, but only for a few hours...or minutes.

Caution! Being yourself may cause mortification!

When we first meet I might mention Harry Potter or mention how much I like sweater cardigans. I might tell you that I watch Cats 101 religiously or that I am obsessed with Annapolis, MD. I might cause raised eyebrows or a confusing first impression.

Sometimes I am embarrassed, even completely mortified, after I meet new people and I was nothing except myself. It is possible that I have come home from a new situation and literally hung my head in shame.

I think I am going to work on embracing who I am... since I am so bad at being anything other than that. Before and after all new situations I am going to say to myself "You could be the best! You are great! People like you!" Maybe I'll even record it on my iPod and listen to it and get pumped up like Rocky!

Love, Me- Myself- and I

PS

Molly growled at the vet today. She should be the one who's embarrassed!

1 comment:

Love or Nothing said...

haha kaley, you're awesome. thanks for the encouragement on my blog, it's nice to know someone else is going through the craziness of life the same way i am. i'm praying for a job for you! and for molly to be a good dog and not drive you crazy. who knows, maybe nick will eventually let you have a cat as well. :)